Sunday, July 21, 2013

the old flame....

Not really I was just a booty call back in the eighties. I was never good enough for anything more. He came from wealth. Old money. I was just a young lodge rat at the time, working my way through school.

I would get a call about dinner time when he got home from work or skiing "hey can you come over, help make dinner, watch a movie". It was always OK with me, I needed the company and the food. School and work were a lonely time for me. We had a closeness in those dark winter nights. Sex so sweet, rough, sweaty. Falling nto a deep sleep after.

We would sometimes go into the mountains to stay at his grandfathers cabin, homestead. LOL, the only man to fuck me in the snow. I have always felt that if the sex was hot, and the temperature of the longing warm, the sting of the cold snow, the pain, would be soooo sweet. Like coming out of the sauna, and a roll in the snow.

He disappeared from my life as he became more political, dating to advance himself.
Then one night there as a phone call, "hey, just needed to talk, do you have some time, please hear me out" he said. He spent the next hour talking about how he thought he loved her, how he chased her for how she dressed, how she was connected. Finely coming to a place where he could say he was sorry, he ad treated me that way. You see she left him, he was too rough around the edges for her. He felt it hard, and felt He hurt more.

The years have passed since then. We see each other at meetings when I have to speak. But little Else. The bank, the store. He always makes a point to say hello, to ask how I have been.

It was a surprise to see him today. I saw the large frame at the door, pause, walk away, then in a few minutes come back to open it and walk in. He was up to talk to his constituents. Saw I was open. We chatted, the connection was still there. I talked about my art, my business, some things I had een doing. He shred some about the meetings he had been in. As he looked at my art, he said " You have really come into your own". Then as he went to go, he hugged me, not just the side hug.  But full on, so deep and hard that when I said "thank you for all you do for our commities. I could not bearly speak.


And then he wa gone.

No comments: