Saturday, July 13, 2013

the kiss

I had only noticed that some men have a differnt way about them, something deep, soulful. Never knowing what it could be.......till now.
They sat at the bar having drinks, or in front of the fire at the end of fishing trips. Talking mostly about family, how much they loved and respected their wives. How God was important to them. This one summer 5 years ago was the only deviation from routine. He had brought two old friends from high school out to fish the creek. After fishing/drinking they decided to come up for a drink. The company was welcome, the sweet boyish interaction of long time friends was hard not to eavesdrop on. As the night drew on I was added to the group. A type of brother feeling. We wounder around, me ending up with a glass of wine. in mist of joking and laughing,  he took my hand, gladly I followed my brother to the creek. Asking "is there a fish" "have the lights come out". So smoothly he glided me into his chest his lips so softly rested on mine. I thought " this will pass just a drunken mistake, maybe he is lonely for his wife", then he held me. It was so soft and sweet I let it linger. He took my hand and we went back to the group, as if it were just a dream.

And time passed. each year they came to fish, uneventfully. Unless you read between the lines. The feeling so dense.




2 comments:

Tom said...

Hm... I hope he comes back this year so we can get an update...

Seeking Connection said...

He did come back this year Tom. Splender in the grass.........

Oh joy! That in our embers
is something that doth live
That nature doth remembers
what was so fugitive......