Monday, December 19, 2016

This too shall pass

It will pass and Life Will Go On as usual.
It's Not Unusual. We walk through life everyday at our jobs at the supermarket. And all these people have their faces. The ones that we know and expect. I go to church Sunday I go to work each day my life is normal the kids go to school I pick them up. I visit my grandchildren I go on cruises with my husband. And then from this person but I have had since having affairs I know that there is something different about each and everyone of us. Not so one-dimensional. Maybe something that I've known for a long time even as a young person. We get married it's a business arrangement. We take care of each other we pool our money we save for retirement we make investments. And The Crazy Ones were the ones who walk away and lose everything they lose their house they lose their children they lose the respect of the community.
And then there's the rest of us. Who put on the shiny face and everybody except us because we fit into the box. Happy marriage successful lives. And all the emptiness not fulfilled comes from the people outside of these relationships.
Our relationships fit so nicely tucked into are educational background our economic status.
We rarely blurred those lines.
When I started having this affair with my delivery guy my friends the ones that I could tell astonished so beneath you. I don't think I just don't go there if you need something more intellectual that's not how you were made. I thought these things myself. I thought I'm usually turned on by smart men educated men wealthy men.
And here he was so simple and plain. He reminded me of the flowers in the Sun. The fox is playing in the field. There was no pretension about him. I will miss him so much.

No comments: