Thursday, January 16, 2014

He friended me

He friend ed me on Facebook!!!"
How julienne that sounded. But my heart fluttered and no rational coaxing from brain would make it stop. What would be the consequences of such a thing? His friends family, his wife seeing it.
Then this morning while reading birthday greetings .....none from him. he should know, but nothing. Then I checked his paged, I was unfriended. I felt numb, a shiver run through me. Here I am this 57 year old lady expecting something from a young hockey player. I was humiliated by my own feelings and expectations.
Why he is a mire 50 years old. How could I even be in his radar. Then it dawned on me as I lay in misery and defeat. He had started a new page. Low and behold there I was a friend. My heart soared. How ridiculous.
My brain settled me. I am a mire friend on an obscure web page. This is not real. But his kisses were, and lately they were deep, passionate, and sweet.
It all made sense now. He asked me not to message him on his Facebook. The other one.
He is coming today. A delivery. The snow is falling heavily so that the lights flickered all night and now there is the cold silence. Nothing but the crackle of the fire.
What prefect night for him stay.

No comments: