Monday, August 19, 2013

her voice was calm, confident......

"This is Art's wife "she said. I was shaken as I had not heard from him  in a while, we talked every morning, and sometimes at night when the husband was not at home.
He was my confidant, I could tell him anything.....even that I loved him. We had an understanding. "It is like ...something I have never felt" He said. But there were families, A wife, a Husband, business.

One day in early spring he called looking for a place to stay for the summer . I gave him recommendations, and told him we had to offer. Not really what he was looking for. But he called again, we talked more. I couldn't help but feel a palatable attraction to him. Knowing I would never meet him I allowed myself that simple pleasure.

He arrived in late April. He set up his trailer close to a phone hookup, and the bar. His crew in tow, they were placed out back.

He found every way he could to be close to me. He would stop me in my tracks as served customers, seat me by the fire, and rub my feet. My neck and back.

As he was leaving the bar one night, he turned "you Know I have have dreams of you at night" I told him I knew that, and reveled to him what they were. His eyes grew big, "you  can't know that" But I did. I knew months ago.

One day while I was getting water, he came into the water house, took me in his arms, I pushed him away, "no I can't, you are my friend, I love you" He said" And I love you too" He kissed me.

It was game we had to have each other sigh, like a seek attack. I left my worn silk panties in his trailer as he requested. I left messages on his phone for him to hear at lunch. I slept next to him, when the husband was at work. We hung out together, like friends.

I had not heard from him in a while, but somehow I knew not to call.

She went on to say, "he passed last week, it was hard, he suffered. I knew he would want me to let you know"  I thanked her, told how sorry I was for her loss.

We were cordial, but I think she knew.

No comments: