Saturday, August 3, 2013

a very trying few days



A friend asked me to help her move. I think she had forgotten that my I had recently ruptured a disk in my lower back and was three weeks into my recovery,  just now being able to feel something in my leg, and walk. I told I could possibly do light cleaning, and be morale support fetching coffee,  and food.

I ended up, deep cleaning kitchen cabinets,  bathroom,  and packing and hauling boxes. All while her 20 yr old daughter talked on her cell, laid on the floor playing games /texting on phone.

The daughter was suppose to have put her stuff in storage till she moved to the dorms (possibly,  but free room and board from her mom that can't afford it is best, especially when mom allows underage drinking and drugs).

So here I am trying to help her move with all her daughter's stuff everywhere.  ? So I volunteered to help take her stuff to storage,  mom said no, I put it in the hall as to get it out of the way. We got almost everything moved, and I offered to help pay for more time from the mover so more heavy objects would be done.

I took her to dinner the night before (not that I had any intentions of paying her half) then I need a pedicure so she said she needed one too, I ended up paying for that too because she said that she forgot they didn't take atm cards there. So , half way through the move she asked for $500.00 to help her pay for rent. I was stunned!

I said if we get this done today I may be able to help, knowing she had no chance in hell of ever paying me back, and she also needed her deposit back. So we get up the next day, we didn't finish needless to say, and I helped her take a load to the good will, then a load to a friends house that was doing a fund raising garage sale, then to get coffee, that I laid for, then back to the apartment.  To my disbelief her daughter had moved all of her stuff back in so as the we could not hardly get in.

So she moved all the stuff back out, then disappeared.  I was stuck outside the building and she was no where to be found, so I fetched my phone from my car, and texted her. She was in the office signing her new rental agreement.  Wow really. Couldn't she had told, let me in to start cleaning?

That is point I got my stuff and went home. Haven't heard from her since.

What a bitch. And I didn't pay for anything more.

1 comment:

CuriousRob said...

Wow. Just... wow. I can never understand people like that. Good on you for leaving!