Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fly fishing.....

He had been coming to the lodge for over 7 years now. I would get an email from him asking for the reservation. He and a friend stayed in the back in tents , I never really saw them.  They would fly fish, eat crazy man food, smoke cigars , and drink crown. A guy kind of thing.

Till that one summer, five years ago. It was late August, warm sunny. His friends decided to come in for some drinks. They were so fun, like boys. Bantering, joking, reminding me of how long they had been friends.

Some people you just enjoy being around.

Year after year he came, I would get a very nice hug. A gift and a card from his wife. Who wrote of how much he loved it here. And thanking me.

It was always a magical place when they were here. Other friends of mine would show up, and we ended up knowing so many folks in common.

They talked about their families. How much they loved their wives. He mostly talked if God. His faith.

He would write to say happy holidays. A few emails, hows the family.

He was the reson I fly fish. I loved the way he describe it. I had a need to know it better, I felt closer to him in some way.

This year I had not been fishing yet due to an injury.

He decided to take me back to his camp site.

I suited up. He made sure I had a net to keep the bugs off me. I liked the way he was so attentive.

He took my hand as we crossed the river, making sure I was ok. Perched me in a great spot. On my second cast I pulled in a nice one.

When he saw I was getting tired he came took my hand and crossed.

As we walked back he asked me questions, "would you keep cigars here for me.?",  of course I said

Latter I fixed dinner for us. He said" come sit by the fire with us. You need to do this more"

The fire was by the creek. The conversation as  as always, family. He said something about her, I said for some reason, maybe the wine, family first, or she is first .

He stood up, reached for my hand.
I looked up, have you grown weary of my company, he shook his head. As we walked to the lodge we held hands, talked about things I will never remember. It just felt good.

As we entered my home he took my hands, brought them together in front of me, pulling me into him. He kissed me, biting my lip, so soft. I kissed back.

He guided me to a chair, as I straddled him I said breathlessly " I have waited so long..........for you. He was un doing my buttons on my pants.....he sigh deeply, trembled and tossed me to the floor, as i fell I felt a gush. Our clothing came off so easily, from there it was like a lovely dance. We kissed each part as if we had known each other forever. Such sweet release. We paused sitting lotus in front of each other staring in his eyes I felt how strongly he had wanted me. He whispered ......I love you. We embraced.

It was one of those experiences where time cannot be measured. It was more than 6 hours.

He took my hand and gently led me to bed . We fell softly to sleep. The next morning we made coffee, said our good byes , and he was gone.

No comments: