Friday, October 25, 2013

FFF I aaaaaaammmmmm Baaaaaaccccck!




FFF Oct 25 - Halloween Haunts

Halloween Theme - Be careful what you wish forRequired Words - "Invitation" AND "nightfall"Word Limit - 2 stories of 333 words eachForbidden words - Vampire, SuccubusBonus Points - Put something real about yourself in the story, but you don't have to tell us what it is.Extra Words - Share your story with 2 friends who don't know you write like this. You get 100 extra words for this one.

So the call came one afternoon "honey what you think of us buying this lodge" Well I could have said a lot of things but thinking it would never happen and not wanting to be a bitch I said yes. After all what harm could it do.

About a week latter we were signing papers for this "beautiful historic treasure". Not long after we we were cleaning, fixing, and basically getting stenchys smell out of it.

"I think I fucked your husband ....but I can't remember" she said as she sipped her drink. It was our grand opening. The whole community in Rual Alaska was invited. A why to get to know our neighbors.

"We welcome you, but, will never come here, this place is evil." They were from the church.

The food was great. I spared no expense. We hired a Celtic band who local.

"Do you smell that " she said " it is mother dugan's pipe. He still haunts this place, as dose Bonnie." "Bonnie?" I said. I had no belief in ghosts or other such foolishness. She walked away rolling her eyes.

We had our regular guests. We were the watering hole for some, for other just the coffee clatch before work.
He came in every week day. We talked about his family, his new car, his last hunting trip. Are the fish biting in the river yet, it all added up. We never really touched, but the comfort of his presents gave me strength for my long days.
It was a cold icy nightfall. I keep a room at the ready for people that might need it. His car pulled in. The drop in temperature to -46 is hard on vehicles. I invited him to  warm  by the fire. We both decided on a warmed brandy. It was dark and       cozy
In the weeks to come the house grew dark, a feeling i could not shake with sage, lavender, salt. The phone rang the voice on the other side was soft and shaky. " He died, the last person he was attempting to call was you

for more FFF fun follow this link

No comments: