Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Assumptions.......

My Facebook page post was "where to eat in this town?" His response" I will buy you dinner come by the pub were I will be playing, or better yet call me in the morning, I  will message my phone number, lets do breakfast" wow.....really ....a man I had had crush on for almost----.years.

He is handsome, well educated, and very wealthy. I was so nervous, but messaged back a thank you, and I will call in the morning.

We met the next day at a sweet little place. I knew full well it was a kindness to a friend from out of town.  I was a few minutes early not used to the traffic I over compensated.
He greeted me "I am a little late, but who gives a fuck really!
we both laughed.I hate it when people assume that I am just one person , one-dimensional, I laughed, but really he only knew one part of me.

we were seated at a lovely table by the window.
our conversation started by his telling me his trip to a friend's daughters farm. He asked about the my place and what it was like this time of year.

I said this is the dust season, all of summer's activity must be cleaned away for winter. That the place has an identity of it's own. I just live there.
He asked what I do with my time.
I told him I sing, paint and write. And that I was in town for opera.

It turned out we knew people in common.
Also that we shared a common bond. That of enjoying the process of creating. Not the product. It is ever changing, alive, a mystery. "It comes from deep within the soul" he said and then with almost a tear in his eye.."I have never said that to anyone"
It was a great time. He shared how people often see him as one thing and rarely explore him. He laughed "and to to think the first time I saw you in that apron, I thought, she must sing opera!"

Assumptions.....I love going deeper, it is almost better than sex.

No comments: