Thursday, May 28, 2015

I could feel the earth as a part  of me this morning as walked out to the weather station. It felt entwined in my being. As if I were rooted here.

When I first came here it was all an entity apart from me, fighting me and distant.

Looking back at the lodge from the weather station, my handy work, my being present, focused, letting my effort and dreams take shape here laid out before me.  It was very hard work, fighting everyone who wanted to create who they thought was me, or who they wanted as a lodge owner, someone they could bully and torment. make fun of. I feel sorry for them in a way, they missed out in knowing a good kind, creative person. Just yesterday my staff said that people say the meanest things about me. but he added that they don't even know, have never met me in fact, and that it was so wrong to propagate lies about me. I said I knew about that stuff, and that as long as those people left me alone, didn't come in here like before I could live my life with the people who know me and love me.

I have been somewhat of an outcast here. Unlike the other lodge owners I an not bigger that life a personified version of what it means to be a wealthy Alaskan. I am in fact quite humble.

Some people came by to look at the place, potential buyers. She acted like it was a franchise, some sort of McDonalds's, It looks so Alaskan, you have created something unique, all the other places are  cute, and predictable. But this is real Alaskan.

That's because we live here, this is our home, and we are sharing it with the world.  

2 comments:

GoodWill said...

Even when I don't fully understand your world, I always appreciate the glimpses we get into it. There is a beauty and sadness to your world, or at least the world you share on this blog.

Seeking Connection said...

Yes. It is both, like it is extremely cold, it is then again hot. But I guess it is everywhere. Just very lonely here. I like my time alone, but the cold sex less live sucks. I don't want to own a man just want to cuddle, share, be grown-up.