Saturday, November 9, 2013

A small man, with a little stick....

I said"ooooo the conductor is quite handsome" my fellow chorus member replied he was short, seemed snooty. I meant he was eye candy, not for personal use.
As time went on he proved to be just that. He made rude comments that shook the chorus conference. " you are nothing but community theater,...don't you all even know how to dress for a sitsprobe!?....watch my stick, aways watch, even if I don't cue you. "

His tempo changed more than we all changed our costumes.

He made remarks about our chorus mistress, and her assistant. "He seems to have some intelligence" WTF, really?

He directed the bel canto music to sound like a locomotive....not emotionally deep.

Thank goodness the review this morning noted "perfunctory" in his style. Yet the orchestra was strong, solid.
He deserves much worse.

No comments: